Thursday, January 19, 2012

2+2=5 (For very large values of 2)

Widget

I added a Derivative Calculator over on the right hand side of the blog, for all your derivative calculating needs.  Need to know the 4th, 5th, and 6th derivatives of an equation of motion? (called snap, crackle, and pop...a factoid that amuses me to no end)...now is your chance.

Mathematica

Because IIT is such a Math-heavy school, what calculus class would be complete without some software that you have to learn and use for your homework and labs?  Welcome to Mathematica 8!

If you ever wanted to learn how to program a computer to solve complex problems both in the real world and, you know, for fun...then this is the software for you.

I just had my first Calculus lab class yesterday and I am still working my way through the introduction to the specific coding of the programing language.


This program is insanely expensive (on the order of several thousand $$ for an Industry-level version), but we get the student version for free...which is all kinds of awesome.  I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into this program over the years, and I imagine that it is going to come in very handy.  It sure can do a lot of purty things...



No comments:

Post a Comment